Meetings & Events
An Introduction to the Museum
Llanelli tin works.
A harmonium with mouse proof peddles.
The Reverend James Buckley was an ordained Methodist minister, born in Oldham, Lancashire in 1770. After moving to Llanelli towards the end of the 18th century, he became involved in the establishment of a small brewery in the town. After the death of the owner, the Rev. Buckley came into the possession of the brewery and changed its name to Buckley's Brewery. In 1998, the brewery was purchased by Brains Brewery, and production was transferred to their Cardiff brewery. However, Brains continue to produce The Reverend James, a bitter named in memory of the Reverend. It has now been demolished.
The Stepney Spare Wheel
and items from its workshops The Stepney Spare Wheel for motor cars was invented by T. M. Davies in 1904. With his brother Walter, T. M. Davies owned an ironmongery business in Llanelli. At the time, cars were made without spare wheels and T. M. Davies had the idea of producing a clamp-on device to act as a spare wheel. The invention was instantly popular and produced in numbers at the Llanelli factory. Sales abroad were aided by agencies and later a tyre factory in Walthamstow. From 1922, the company became the Stepney Tyres Ltd and the Llanelli factory closed, as manufacturers began to supply spare wheels with their motor cars.
Parc Howard Mansion entrance hall.